#13 You Can't Pour from an Empty Cup
Welcome to a new episode of the 3x5 Leadership Podcast, where we champion intentional leaders to create significant impacts. This show aims to offer simple, practical strategies to help you live, lead, and learn more intentionally. You can listen to the episode on Apple, Google, or Spotify! Or you can watch it on YouTube.
Leaders are always involved in a lot – decisions, organizational actions, processes, and even in peoples’ development and lives. And many leaders feel compelled to be present, be available, and be engaged in every opportunity that presents itself. It is hard for us to say no. We can experience stress and even guilt around doing so.
But there is a simple philosophy that has guided much on how I approach life and leadership, and it is a philosophy that started simply as a shirt that my wife bought:
You can’t pour from an empty cup.
So, this week, we dive into this philosophy and how it can shape how we live, lead, and remain resilient. We explore four questions that can help you apply it to your own life as well as use it as a developmental framework with others.
We are confident this episode can equip you to be more intentional in how you live and lead in any relevant role in life starting today. Thanks for joining us and for your support.
Related Episodes & Resources
- Article referenced in the episode: Simplifying Leader Development
- Article: Placing the Big Rocks First: Living & Leading with Intentionality
- Podcast: #1: 3 Powerful Questions to Think, Communicate, & Lead Better
- If you found this helpful, others might as well! Please like and review the 3x5 Leadership Podcast. It’s not only encouraging to us, but it also helps others discover the show and see it as worth their time.
- Learn more about 3x5 Leadership and all our great resources by visiting our website at 3x5leadership.com. You can also get a copy of our free guide, The 10 Habits of Intentional Leaders, today!
- Consider joining our Patron Community to get even more insight and access from 3x5 Leadership. Lear more about the Community and join at patreon.com/3x5leadership.
Take care friends and lead well!